HACK THE NEWS DATATHON 25 – 26 – 29 January 2019
Local Host | Manipal Academy of Higher Education and Manipal ProLearn – Data Science
Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE), formerly branded as Manipal University, is a private research institute deemed to be university located in the university town of Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka, India. Manipal Academy of Higher Education has branch campuses in Dubai and Mangalore. It also has sister campuses in Sikkim and Jaipur. MAHE is synonymous with excellence in higher education. Over 28,000 students from 57 different nations live, learn and play here.
Manipal Global Education Services is a part of Manipal Education and Medical Group. It is India’s largest education services group, running physical and online universities in India, Nepal, Malaysia, Dubai, and Antigua. It currently offers services and support to over 400,000 students, across its campuses, corporate and online platforms.
Manipal ProLearn, a part of Manipal Global Education Services, offers a variety of professional certification courses across Technology, Digital Marketing, Data Sciences, Project Management, and Finance domains – through online, F2F and blended modes.
The Benefits of participating in the Datathon
- Get exposed to a challenging Data Science research problem
- Play with data to build the optimum analytics solution
- Learn advanced analytics methods for solving complex problems
- Work with your co-Data Scientists to achieve a single goal, i.e., providing the optimum solution in real-life business case
- Get access to the first NLP dataset ever built for propaganda identification.
Joining the Datathon in Bangalore, India
Everyone with the desire to learn in the field of Data Science can participate– be it math geeks, data gurus, and enthusiasts, students and beginners or anyone interested in Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Statistics or an area of the Data Science domain.
*Keep in mind that if you are a participant, who wants to join the Datathon physically in Bangalore, you should choose you should choose Participating at a Host and Onsite in Bangalore, India from the drop-down options of the question – the registration page!
If the participants have questions regarding the activities they are advised to use the Data.Chat channels accordingly:
- Announcements: #announcements channel
- General collaborative channel: #general channel
- Technical questions: #issues channel
- Local organization channel: #general
- Groups where the cases are going to be discussed with industry experts: #nlp_text_mining
- Local organization channel: #india_datathon
These channels are going to be the main place of where you will ask questions to the mentors during the Datathon.
Manipal ProLearn (www.manipalprolearn.com)
3rd Floor, Salarpuria Symphony,
7, Service Road, Pragathi Nagar,
Near Hosa Road Junction, Electronic City Phase 1,
Bangalore, India – 560100. (Map)
Logistics and onsite management:
Divya Haria, DataChat username: @divyamanipalprolearn
The official event schedule is mentioned in UTC. Local time IST is 5 hours 30 minutes ahead of the UTC.
Transport and parking:
On Hosur Rd, while coming from Silk Board, take a U-turn at Konappanna Agrahara Junction. Continue for about 1 km, and you will spot Salarpuria Symphony complex on your left.
On Friday (25-Jan), the event will start at 6.30 PM IST and the Venue will be open till 7.30 PM IST.
On Saturday (26-Jan), the venue will be open from 9.00 AM IST to 5.00 PM IST.
On Sunday (27-Jan), the venue will be closed unless notified otherwise.
Please note that this is a 48 hours event and teams will be working throughout Friday and Saturday night. Access will be controlled and limited in the hours between 8:00 PM and 8:00 AM. We provide coffee, tea, and snacks.
* If you have any questions, please refer to the General rules for participation and ask in the respective channel in the Data.Chat.