Meetups are an integral part of our Data Science Society knowledge sharing pillars.
They are regular events that usually happen once in a month and it happens as a physical meeting locally with a digital presence (through streaming/recording). The MeetUps have up to 2 speakers with expertise and knowledge on different topics aligned with Data Science. The presentations mainly happen on the premise, but there is a possibility to be done online as well.
Before the Meetup
- We use the Data Chat and the email for communication and for arranging suitable date and topics
- Tell us on which dates you are free (usually, we do our meetups on Tuesdays)
- Give us your preferred topic to talk for, including a brief, a personal photo, and a short biography as soon as possible
- Send us your presentation at least 2 days before the talk
- Share the Meetup with your network 🙂
- Provide an email and a telephone contact
- Send us up to 3 questions for the audience related to the content you presented
During the Meetup
- Be 15 min earlier on the location
- Let us know if you need a laptop for your presentation if you haven’t one
- Install obs on your laptop; it’s used for the screen recording, especially in the case of a demo
- Be aware that we are going to stream &/or record the talk for our audience
- The opening of the event is done by the Data Science Society for 5 min
- The presentations must be in English because most of our audience is international
- Your screen will be shared via HDMI to the wall for the people in the room. ( please inform us in advance if you don’t have an HDMI port) *
- We use microphones during the presentations, you will be given one as well.
- The recommended length of a presentation is about 25-30 minutes depending on the number of speakers **
* In case you are presenting online, Hangouts video call (on an installed Google Chrome browser) will be scheduled and you should use the screen share option.
** Example breaking of the presentation structure and duration could be:
- Speaker’s intro (5%)
- Problem introduction (15%)
- Research on the topic (15%)
- Solution & Technical Demo – used models, visualization, results[accuracy] (50% )
- Lessons learned [Summary] (15%)
- Time for questions (max. 15 minutes)
After the Meetup
- Send us the obs video, recorded on your laptop*
- Give us your feedback
* The video recordings will be linked with the presentation citing you as the author and shared on SlideShare.