Edit your profile
When you are already logged in take a look at your Profile. From this panel:
At the Profile page there are few useful links under you avatar.
- My Articles – Will show your articles and will give you link to start a new one
- Settings – Are for your Account Email and Password, You can adjust your profile visibility or delete your account from there.
- Profile – Will take you back to Profile section with all its options
- Edit – Will allow you change some of the preferences which you selected during your registration.
- Change Profile Photo – Change your avatar if you want. (it’s not necessary to be your actual photo)
Article creation and building
- Clicking on the top link “Profile” – > “My Articles” or from Profile followed by My Articles.
- Then click on “New Article” (just below the search on the right-hand side)
- The team leader should assign working article title similar to the case business description
- In the Body you need to specify which case you are going to work, which platform you prefer, like Microsoft, AWS or IBM and team name.
- Choose from Categories – Datathon cases
- Next thing to be done by the team leader is to add all team mates plus, team name, case, preferable provider and mentors. . Then click save.
Congratulations, now you are ready to start the action!
How to add Video
When you have a video, you should upload in Youtube.
Then click on Add Media just below the title for your article.
And choose the option Insert from URL.
How to add Formulas
The DSS platform integrates the super-fast KaTeX math typesetting engine with your WordPress website. The plugin allows you to put LaTeX in a <code>[ latex]…[ /latex]</code> shortcode, and beautiful math appears on your post or page.
The platform also has an option to use the excellent jsDelivr CDN to load the KaTeX scripts, further increasing the performance of the plugin.
Equations in <code>[ latex display=”true”]…[ /latex]</code> will be rendered in display mode (rather than inline mode) and centered on its own line.
How to intgrate Jupyter Notebook into an article:
1) Click “Add media”
2) Upload the .ipynb file
3) Select the uploaded .ipynb file
4) click “add to post”.
This will add a link to the file in the article, which will be substituted with the notebook’s contents when the article is saved and opened (rendered) on the website.
The processes of posting article
Articles have two stances.
- Draft – Is the working stance of the article, where only the team members and mentors can see, update, and comment.
- Published – Is the stance where the article is viewable by everyone in the internet, but only logged in participants can comment on it.
Interactions with other Articles
The participants are allowed and encouraged to comment, upvote and ask questions to other articles. We want to create long lasting knowledge base and sense of community.
Video Data Chat Guide
To start a video chat you need few things.
First you have to connect the people with which you want to make video chat. (by direct message or being in common group)
It happens this way:
There are three ways of joining a public channel, you can either search for it, be invited to it or be mentioned in it. For starting a direct message you can either search the user you want to talk or click on that user’s avatar and click on the “Conversation Button”.
Now you are ready for the group video chat. Simply click on the three dots at the top right of you channel.
Then click on the Video Chat link.
Keep in mind that you may have to allow the usage of you camera and microphone manually for the video chat.