Data Chat is our platform where we gather our community, it’s based on the Rocket Chat application. By using it properly you will be first to know about our new special events, community games and useful data meterials provided by our experts.
1. To use the Rocket.Chat mobile app you need to:
- login to DSS site and select DataChat menu and login there
- install Rocket.Chat app from Google Play Store or App store
- Open the app and you will be prompted to choose a server (Fig.1) or swipe with two fingers and choose the option “Add (+)” (Fig 2).
- Enter https://ask.datasciencesociety.net
- Enter your user or email and a password with the same credentials as in DSS site
2. You can install the Desktop application for Microsoft, MacOS and Linux via this link. (Fig.3)
- Follow the installation steps of rocketchat-setup
- When you launch the app it will ask you to “ENTER YOUR SERVER URL” there you will paste “https://ask.datasciencesociety.net/“, then click “Connect” (Fig. 4)
- You will be directed to Login screen for the Data Chat, click on it to reveal the Login page fields.
- Enter your Username and Password and click Login (Fig. 5)
- You will be directed back to login screen, when you click on it you will enter the Data Chat and see the main channels.
3. Combine Data Chat with other messengers.
If you want to unify your messengers in one place including Data Chat (also known as Rocket Chat) we can recomend you to use.