Lately, the term data science has been ruling the IT industry. The ability to understand data and manipulate it is increasing rapidly due to innovation and discovery. Data science focuses on systems and processes that help us in gaining insight or knowledge from data. It is a multidisciplinary field that uses the help of various other subjects like computer science, statistics and mathematics. The processes and concepts are derived from programming, data warehousing, data engineering, social engineering, statistics, natural language processing and machine learning.
Definition of Data Science:
Data science is a blend of technology, algorithm development and data interference that can be used to solve issues regarding data analysis. It usually deals with extraction, representation and identification of relevant information from various data sources.
The following paths are explored in a data science course:
- R programming – In this programming, one is able to learn about the use of control flow and creating functions. Predictive modelling is the core subject of this course.
- Data mining – It applies algorithms from complex data to understand patterns that can be used to draw usable data from that data set.
- Predictive analysis – It utilizes the extracted data to compute events which are most probable to happen, taking into consideration about the previous records of data. They form a major group of statistical measures.
- Machine learning – It acts as a tool that can be used to process massive chunks of data. It helps in the perfection of decision models put forward by predictive analytics methods by comparing the actual happening of the event. This helps the computer program to learn new data without any human interference.
- Python– It is used to break complex problems into simple codes using algorithms.
- Prescriptive Analysis- It uses the help of technology in helping businesses make decisions about handling specific situations by considering various factors like past performance, possible situations and available resources.
- Data Manipulation
Hence a data scientist requires more skill sets than any other data engineer, data architect or data administrator.
Few benefits provided by data science are:
- Good business value
- Risk analysis
- Refining and identification of target audience
- Critical thinking
Numerous industries use data science for the following listed uses:
- Travel- To ensure proximity in travel dates, hotel and airline prices optimised for a particular time in a day, week or month.
- Financial services- Risk management, customer targeting, fraud detection etc.
- Retail- Management of sales analysis, optimisation and customer-based designing of models
- Healthcare- E-prescriptions and remote monitoring of patients
- IT- Log analysis application, network analysis and network optimisation
- Banking- Virtual assistance helpline.
- Transportation- Mapping of the customers journey, details about mileage and breaking mechanisms.
Almost every industry uses the help of data science and it has become inevitable to ignore the plus points offered by it. Due to the listed numerous works in various fields, data science is the highly paid job in the IT sector and the number of learners of this skill has increased rapidly.
Since data science involves work in various fields, it has gained a lot of popularity over decades, and industries are in search of data scientists. To sharpen your skills and take a leap in your career, make sure to get the best training in data science. 360DigiTMG provides you with a data science course with certification.